Certification and Agreement
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- Any misrepresentation or omission of facts in my application and any attachments to my application may result in refusal of employment or, if employed, termination from employment.
- It is my understanding that the Company will make a thorough investigation of my work, educational, and personal history and may verify all data given in my application, related papers, or oral interviews. I authorize such investigation and the giving and receiving of any information requested by the Company, and I release from liability any person giving or receiving any such information. I understand that falsification of data so given or other derogatory information discovered as a result of this investigation may result in refusal of employment or, if employed, termination from employment.
- I understand and agree that any person authorized by the Company can at any time request that I submit to a search of my person, purses, packages in my possession, or any locker, desk, or files that may be assigned to me. I understand that my refusal to submit to such a search may result in termination. I hereby waive all claims for damages resulting from such examination.
- I understand and agree that I may be required to take a physical examination, blood, urine, breathalyzer and/or hair test at Company expense, at any time to determine if I am alcohol or drug free and physically fit for the job I am responsible to perform. Failure to submit to such testing may result in termination. I authorize any physician, including my personal physician, to release any information to the Company which may be necessary to determine my ability to perform my assigned duties.
- I further understand that the Company can change wages, benefits, and/or working conditions at any time and that I may be required to work overtime or on weekends.
- The Company may request an investigative consumer report, including information on my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living, if applicable, pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I have a right to request in writing disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigative consumer report requested by the Company.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, ESTABLISH RULES, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, AND/OR DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES, SOME OF WHICH MAY BE REDUCED TO WRITING. IN CONSIDERATION OF MY EMPLOYMENT, I AGREE TO CONFORM TO ALL APPLICABLE RULES, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, AND/OR DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES THEREOF. I UNDERSTAND THAT THOSE RULES, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, AND/OR DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES ARE NOT INTENDED BY THE COMPANY TO CREATE AN OBLIGATION OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS AN APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AND CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT IS NOT BEING OFFERED. I HEREBY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MY EMPLOYMENT, BOTH DURING AND AFTER ANY INTRODUCTORY PERIOD, IS FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD, AND THAT NOTHING IN THIS APPLICATION OR ANY OTHER COMPANY DOCUMENT SHALL BE DEEMED TO CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT BETWEEN ME AND THE COMPANY. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT MY EMPLOYMENT CAN BE TERMINATED AT WILL AT ANY TIME BY MYSELF OR THE COMPANY FOR ANY OR NO CAUSE. I UNDERSTAND THAT EMPLOYMENT BEYOND ANY INTRODUCTORY PERIOD OR EMPLOYMENT FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS SHALL NOT RESULT IN ANY HEIGHTENED EXPECTATION OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY STATEMENTS TO THE CONTRARY, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, ARE EXPRESSLY DISAVOWED AND ARE NOT TO BE RELIED UPON BY ME. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT NO REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO ANY AGREEMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME OR TO MAKE ANY AGREEMENT CONTRARY TO THE FOREGOING EXCEPT IN A WRITTEN DOCUMENT SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY.
Consumer Disclosure and Authorization Form
DISCLOSURE REGARDING BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
- Ahern Rentals, Inc. (the "Company") may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information
about you from a consumer reporting agency in connection with your employment or application for
employment (including independent contractor assignments, as applicable). This background information may
be obtained in the form of consumer reports and/or investigative consumer reports (commonly known as
"background reports"). An "investigative consumer report" is a background report that includes information
from personal interviews (except in California, where that term includes background reports with or without
information obtained from personal interviews), the most common form of which is checking personal or
professional references. These background reports may be obtained at any time after receipt of your
authorization and, if you are hired or engaged by the Company, throughout your employment or your contract
period, as allowed by law.
- HireRight, Inc. ("HireRight"), or another consumer reporting agency, will prepare or assemble the background
reports for the Company. HireRight is located and can be contacted by mail at 3349 Michelson Dr. Suite 150
Irvine, CA 92612, and HireRight can be contacted by phone at (866) 521-6995. Information about HireRight’s
privacy practices is available at www.hireright.com/Privacy-Policy.aspx.
- The background report may contain information concerning your character, general reputation, personal
characteristics, mode of living, and credit standing. The types of information that may be obtained include, but
are not limited to: social security number verifications; address history; credit reports and history; criminal
records and history; public court records; driving records; accident history; worker's compensation claims;
bankruptcy filings; educational history verifications (e.g., dates of attendance, degrees obtained); employment
history verifications (e.g., dates of employment, salary information, reasons for termination, etc.); personal and
professional references checks; professional licensing and certification checks; drug/alcohol testing results, and
drug/alcohol history in violation of law and/or company policy; and other information bearing on your character,
general reputation, personal characteristics, mode of living and credit standing.
- This information may be obtained from private and public record sources, including, as appropriate: government
agencies and courthouses; educational institutions; former employers; and, for investigative consumer reports,
personal interviews with sources such as neighbors, friends, former employers and associates; and other
information sources. If the Company should obtain information bearing on your credit worthiness, credit
standing or credit capacity for reasons other than as required by law, then the Company will use such credit
information to evaluate whether you would present an unacceptable risk of theft or other dishonest behavior in
the job for which you are being evaluated.
- You may request more information about the nature and scope of an investigative consumer report, if any, by
contacting the Company
- A summary of your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, as well as certain state-specific notices, are also
being provided to you.
Additional State Law Notices
If you are an applicant, employee or contractor in any of the states listed below,please also note the following:
CALIFORNIA: Pursuant to section 1786.22 of the California Civil Code, you may view the file maintained on
you by the consumer reporting agency (e.g., HireRight) during normal business hours. You may also obtain a
copy of this file, upon submitting proper identification and paying the costs of duplication services, by appearing
at the consumer reporting agency's offices in person, during normal business hours and on reasonable notice, or
by certified mail. You may also receive a summary of the file by telephone, upon submitting proper
identification and written request. The consumer reporting agency has trained personnel available to explain
your file to you, including any coded information, and will provide a written explanation of any coded
information contained in your file. If you appear in person, you may be accompanied by one other person,
provided that person furnishes proper identification. “Proper identification” includes documents such as a valid
driver's license, social security account number, military identification card, and credit cards. If you cannot
identify yourself with such information, the consumer reporting agency may require additional information
concerning your employment and personal or family history to verify your identity. Additional California specific
information is set out below.
MAINE: You have the right, upon request, to be informed of whether an investigative consumer report was
requested, and if one was requested, the name and address of the consumer reporting agency furnishing the
report. You may request and receive from the Company, within five business days of our receipt of your
request, the name, address and telephone number of the nearest office designated to handle inquiries for the
consumer reporting agency issuing an investigative consumer report concerning you. You also have the right,
under Maine law, to request and promptly receive from all such consumer reporting agencies copies of any such
MASSACHUSETTS: You have the right to know whether the Company requested an investigative consumer
report about you and, upon written request to the Company, to receive a copy of any such report. You also have
the right to ask the consumer reporting agency (e.g., HireRight) for a copy of any such report.
MINNESOTA: You have the right in most circumstances to submit a written request to the consumer reporting
agency (e.g., HireRight) for a complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of any consumer report
the Company ordered about you. The consumer reporting agency must provide you with this disclosure within 5
days after its receipt of your request or the report was requested by the Company, whichever date is later.
NEW JERSEY: You have the right to submit a request to the consumer reporting agency (e.g., HireRight) for
a copy of any investigative consumer report the Company requested about you. A summary of your rights under
the New Jersey Fair Credit Reporting Act is set out below.
NEW YORK: You have the right, upon written request, to be informed of whether or not the Company
requested a consumer report or an investigative consumer report about you. Shown above is the address and
telephone number for HireRight, the consumer reporting agency used by the Company. You may inspect and
receive a copy of any such report by contacting that consumer reporting agency. A copy of Article 23-A of the
New York Correction Law is provided below.
WASHINGTON STATE: If the Company requests an investigative consumer report, you have the right, upon
written request made within a reasonable period of time after your receipt of this disclosure, to receive from the
Company a complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation requested by the
Company. You are entitled to this disclosure within 5 days after the date your request is received or the
Company ordered the report, whichever is later. You also have the right to request from the consumer reporting
agency a written summary of your rights and remedies under the Washington Fair Credit Reporting Act, which
is also set out below.
Authorization of Background Investigation
California, Minnesota or Oklahoma applicants only
- I have carefully read and understand this Disclosure and Authorization form and the summary of rights
under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. By my signature below, I consent to preparation of background reports by
a consumer reporting agency such as HireRight, Inc. (\"HireRight\"), and to the release of such background
reports to the Company and its designated representatives and agents, for the purpose of assisting the Company
in making a determination as to my eligibility for employment (including independent contractor assignments,
as applicable), promotion, retention or for other lawful employment purposes. I understand that if the Company
hires me or contracts for my services, my consent will apply, and the Company may, as allowed by law, obtain
additional background reports pertaining to me, without asking for my authorization again, throughout my
employment or contract period from HireRight and/or other consumer reporting agencies.
- I understand that information contained in my employment or contractor application, or otherwise disclosed by
me before or during my employment or contract assignment, if any, may be used for the purpose of obtaining
and evaluating background reports on me. I also understand that nothing herein shall be construed as an offer of
employment or contract for services.
- I hereby authorize all of the following, without limitation, to disclose information about me to the consumer
reporting agency and its agents: law enforcement and all other federal, state and local agencies, learning
institutions (including public and private schools, colleges and universities), testing agencies, information
service bureaus, credit bureaus, record/data repositories, courts (federal, state and local), motor vehicle records
agencies, my past or present employers, the military, and all other individuals and sources with any information
about or concerning me. The information that can be disclosed to the consumer reporting agency and its agents
includes, but is not limited to, information concerning my employment and earnings history, education, credit
history, motor vehicle history, criminal history, military service, professional credentials and licenses.
- By my signature below, I also certify the information I provided on and in connection with this form is true,
accurate and complete. I agree that this form in original, faxed, photocopied or electronic (including
electronically signed) form, will be valid for any background reports that may be requested by or on behalf of
: Please contact us at email@example.com
if you would like to receive
(whenever you have such right under the applicable state law) a copy of your background report if one is
obtained on you by the Company.